Custom Search
Shoes mask weaknesses, barefoot highlights strengths

Monday 22 November 2010

If I kiss this frog will I find my prince?

Frog of left hind 21 11 10
Right hind 11 11 10

Frog right hind 21 11 10




Detail frog apex 11 11 10

Detail frog apex 21 11 10


















Usually when you see a tattered frog it has been ravaged by thrush. In this case the frog has been sliced through by a chunk of tarmac/ashphalt (black top). Twice.

So as an example of how quickly things can progress we have two sets of photos just 10 days apart.

The first photo shows the frog on the other hind. The sliced one looked like this too, before Grace decided to play reining pony.

The frog in photo two was down to the 'quick' at the apex and very squidgy to the touch and if I pressed I think it hurt a bit. Ten days later, photo three and the new apex can be seen sticking up a little black snout. The whole frog is very solid, hard rubber to the touch and even hefty probing provokes no pain.

Photos four and five show the apex in more detail.

The horse has been sound throughout.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Southern England, United Kingdom