Custom Search
Shoes mask weaknesses, barefoot highlights strengths

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Beauty is in function, not form


This is one of the Grey's hind feet, it like Madam's foot has also done 26 miles in the last 7 days. It has also not worn off. In fact the fronts are getting a bit long again. This foot is not pretty. If we did a close up you could mistake it for the moon. But this is another foot that works.

This horse has more concavity than Madam, but the lumpy bits show that the foot still considers itself a work in progress. Some would argue for a 'tidy up'. But one of the things I have learnt is this foot is building in protection. It likes its bars and lumps and if I try to interfere it quickly replaces any material which I have cleaned up.

While the foot still stomps happily over most surfaces I am happy to listen to it. I will roll out the flare shortly; which I know is appreciated, and post more pictures then.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Southern England, United Kingdom